CARAMEL NUT BARS
I was asked to share an easy, "go to" recipe for Eve Wellness.
Here is my Caramel Nut Bar recipe!
This recipe is gluten free, can be dairy free and is refined sugar free. Store the made up slice in the fridge or freezer and enjoy whenever you need a little pick-me-up.
This recipe was created during Level Four Lockdown in New Zealand's fight against COVID-19 so it was important to create a recipe that was versatile and utilized ingredients that would be in the pantry already.
- 1/2C Soaked Dates (boiling water for 30 minutes). Or any dried fruit.
- 2C Nuts of Choice (I used pecan, peanut and cashew)
- 1/4C Almond Flour / LSA or Linseed Meal
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup/Honey/Rice Syrup
- 2 TBSP Melted Butter/Coconut Oil or Ghee
- 1/4C Chia Seeds
- 1/2C Maple Syrup/Rice Syrup or Sweetener
- 1/2C Almond Butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1/4C Chopped Nuts (I used pecans)
- 1/2C Butter/Coconut Oil or Ghee
- In a food processor, add dates and seeds first. Blend slightly.
- Then add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT chia seeds.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add chia seeds and mix.
- Press firmly into a lined square baking tin to form the base.
- Refrigerate while preparing topping.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients until combined.
- Pour onto prepared base layer.
- Refrigerate to set.
Cut into mini bars or slices, store in the fridge, and enjoy x