CHEESECAKE CAKE POPS
It was my son's birthday during Level Four, COVID-19 lockdown in New Zealand so I wanted to create something fun and special.
Here is my refined sugar free, gluten free take on a Cake Pop.
Except this Cake Pop has a creamy 'cheesecake' type centre.
Store the made up cake pops in the fridge or freezer and enjoy.
- 1C cashew nuts soaked overnight in water
- 1/4C melted cacao butter
- 1/4C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4tsp stevia
- 1/4c runny cream or coconut cream
- 1TSBP cacao
- 1 block Lindt 90% chocolate.
- Toppings of choice, we used chopped peanuts, buckinis and raspberry powder
- In a food processor, add all 'centre' ingredients and blend until creamy. This will take some time.
- Place mixture in freezer for 1 hour to harden slightly (this makes it easier to roll)
- Remove from freezer and roll into balls around skewers, iceblock sticks, or we used bamboo spoons (as that is what we had)
- Freeze balls on stick
- Melt chocolate for topping
- Dip ball sticks into melted chocolate to coat.
- Dip ball into topping of choice; peanuts, buckinis etc.
- Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
Top tip: I cut little holes in the top of an egg carton to stand my ball sticks up right when rolling and then when dipping.
If you do make this creation, please tag me! @christine_westbury as I'd love to see them.